Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Feeling Buggy

I have a particular fondness for art featuring odd critters. Microorganisms, insects, and unusual animals fascinate me. I tend to include them in my own work and seek them out in others. Here is one of my creations featuring a beetle, which hangs in my bathroom. The beetle silhouette was cut from cherry wood and mounted on a scrap piece of mat board.




Etsy is a great place to search for unusual critters. It was hard to choose just a few, but here are some of my favorite Etsy finds featuring insects and their kin:
 
 



















4 comments:

  1. Beautiful collection. I added some to my own favorites list on Etsy!
    Karina (Miss Cline Press).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great assortment of bugs! So sweet of you to include our beetle!
    Thank you!
    Amber
    Red Tile Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing collection of bugs here! I've never seen such a beautiful roach! Thanks for the feature.

    ReplyDelete